[yocto] update-rc.d initscript shows up as S00... rather than S09...

Darcy Watkins darcy.watkins at inmotiontechnology.com
Mon May 26 12:54:28 PDT 2014

On Mon, 2014-05-26 at 11:21 -0700, Darcy Watkins wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In one of my bitbake recipes, I have...
>

> inherit update-rc.d
> INITSCRIPT_NAME = "watchdog-progressd"
> INITSCRIPT_PARAMS = "start 09 S . stop 90 0 6 ."

I found what I think the cause is.  The '09' must be parsed as a number
rather than a sort-key string of digits so it is handled as an illegal
octal literal.

'07' and less was fine.  '08 and '09' failed.  I am guessing that the
literal parser returned a zero value, hence the S00.

So I switched to NOT use leading zero and it was handled OK.  It also
padded the '8' or '9' with a leading zero in the output.

     INITSCRIPT_PARAMS = "start 9 S . stop 90 0 6 ."

This is one to add to a "...for dummies" series.  ;-)

--

Regards,

Darcy

---