[yocto] [meta-raspberrypi] Raspberry Pi Camera + kernel driver + gstreamer

Alex J Lennon ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk
Wed May 21 03:51:14 PDT 2014

Hi,

Has anybody had any luck with the PiCam and Gstreamer?

I had the bcm2835_v4l2 kernel driver detecting the camera and
mjpg-streamer is working for me.

Now I'd like to have gstreamer doing the streaming instead of
mjpeg-streamer.

I've had something like the following pipeline working with USB webcams
but can't seem to get the right incantation for the PiCam:

gst-launch\
  v4l2src !\
  ffmpegcolorspace !\
  video/x-raw-yuv,width=640,height=480,framerate=\(fraction\)30/1 !\
  queue !\
  videorate !\
  video/x-raw-yuv,framerate=10/1 !\
  jpegenc !\
  multipartmux !\
  tcpserversink host=192.168.0.21 port=1010 sync=false

Thanks,

Alex