[yocto] [Yocto 9.0.2 over Overo/Beagleboard] "screen" utility not working as expected

Gaurav Chaturvedi gaurav.chaturvedi at nsl.eu.com
Wed May 21 02:41:53 PDT 2014

Hi,

I am using Yocto dylan 9.0.2 code to generate Ubuntu kernel and images
for Gumstix Overo/Beagleboard. Everything is working fine except the
utility "screen" that I am using to ssh to board, running an application
and logout.
This is what it is used for, but unfortunately it is not working that
way. The application also exits once I logout from the board/terminate
the ssh session.

I have tried different arguments of screen, but no use. Is anybody aware
of similar issue with "screen" utility with any kernel version.

I read on some forums and Yocto help pages about 2 versions of SSH:
Dropbear and OpenSSH. The Dropbear version seem to have this issue, but
not sure. I tried compiling OpenSSH from source and including that in
the filesystem on my Overo board, but the issue remains.

Any suggestion or information regarding this issue would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Gaurav