[yocto] Best way to remove DISTRO_FEATURES?

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Wed May 14 07:27:09 PDT 2014

On 14 May 2014 15:22, Neuer User <auslands-kv at gmx.de> wrote:
> Then started a bitbake. Got a strange error "LCONF_VERSION is 6, should
> be 5 in bblayers.conf". So I changed it to 5.

So that's because the Poky layers are a version higher than the
oe-core layers.  Once you stop using Poky the version drops.  Annoying
but you won't have to do it again.

> Then bitbake works, but it seems to recompile ALL packages?! Is this
> correct. (I stopped it as it will take half a day to finish).

Yes.  bitbake doesn't know that "nfc" only actually impacts a few
recipes, so a changed DISTRO_FEATURES means a new toolchain which
means everything else rebuilds.

Half a day for a build suggests you're building in a VM or a slow
laptop: I recommend using a desktop machine with plenty of RAM.

Ross