[yocto] Best way to remove DISTRO_FEATURES?

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Wed May 14 07:13:19 PDT 2014

On 14 May 2014 15:03, Neuer User <auslands-kv at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hmm, so I need my own distro?

You don't need to as local.conf is sufficient, but changes to
local.conf are specific to *your current* builds.

Defining a distro is trivial, just make your own distro.conf and
either include poky.conf or actually look at it and see how little
that conf file is actually doing.  The default values (which is not
Poky) are a good starting point.

> Actually, it is not 100% clear to me what the difference and the
> interaction of "distro" and "image" is.

Distro affects everything you build, an image is simply instructions
on how to put some packages together into a disk image.

Ross