[yocto] [meta-atmel] at91sam9x5ek: "no machine record defined" failure for core-image-minimal

Brian Karcz briank at RUSSOUND.COM
Fri May 9 12:49:03 PDT 2014

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the tip. Any chance you tried assigning the PREFFERED_VERSION to 3.6.9 and using the linux4sam meta-atmel layer as is?

I'll definitely check out your layer. I was hoping the at91sam9x5ek would just build so that I could start tweaking it to define a machine works for its little brother, the at91sam9g20ek.

I'm coming from an older 2.6.30 kernel that used a board file instead of the device tree and was planning to use the demo build from meta-atmel and some small mods to give myself a crash course on device tree development. Looks like the learning curve might have steepened a bit.

Thanks,
Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan Evenson [mailto:bevenson at melinkcorp.com]
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2014 3:31 PM
To: Bruce Ashfield; Brian Karcz; yocto at yoctoproject.org
Subject: RE: [yocto] [meta-atmel] at91sam9x5ek: "no machine record defined" failure for core-image-minimal

Brian,

I'm currently using a fork of the meta-atmel layer for my at91sam9g25 board.  If I remember when they added at91sam9x5 support for meta-atmel, I think the layer was on kernel 3.6.9 and now it's on 3.10.  There's been a lot of machine and device tree related configuration changes for this chipset between 3.6.9 and 3.10, so that configuration might not work for 3.10.

The configuration I'm currently using is over at https://github.com/evensonbryan/meta-atmel/tree/master/recipes-kernel/linux/files/at91sam9x5ek/linux-3.10-at91.  It also has some patches I added in to pick up some missing peripheral support for my system.  You may want to give that a try and see if it helps.

Regards,
Bryan