[yocto] replace udhcpc

Andrea Galbusera gizero at gmail.com
Fri May 9 06:06:45 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 12:28 PM, Neuer User <auslands-kv at gmx.de> wrote:
> Connman is really a problem without documentation. :-(
>
> I tried it out and first I noticed that it depends on the creation of an
> xuser account. It also needs iptables, so probably can configure these, too.
>
> I also found that it does not correctly configure the dns entries:
>
> cat /etc/resolv.conf:
> # Generated by Connection Manager
> nameserver 127.0.0.1
> nameserver ::1

This is in fact a working configuration for the DNS proxy feature that
connman offers built-in. See [1].
I personally went through your same frustration when trying to
understand how connman is supposed to work in order to evaluate its
maturity. Not yet an expert at all, but [2] and [3] gave me a
reasonable bootstrap into connman's main logic. Beside this, "git
grepping" the source tree is your best friend.
Angstrom distribution, i.e. available on the beaglebone boards is also
a good example of a real connman based system.

> I really would like to understand what it does with these and how I can
> change or modify it's behaviour.
>
> It's definitely not just "when ethernet cable inserted, bring up the
> interface using DHCP".
>
> I even can't find a config file for connman. Is there one?

Yes, there usually is one for each service handled by connman. See [4]
for details on configuration file format and their default location.
As you can see from previously suggested references, you'll usually
modify configurations by using the connmanctl client tool instead of
editing those files by hand.

[1] http://git.kernel.org/cgit/network/connman/connman.git/tree/README
[2] http://derekmolloy.ie/set-ip-address-to-be-static-on-the-beaglebone-black/
[3] http://www.ptrackapp.com/apclassys-notes/embedded-linux-using-connma/