[yocto] Does Yocto need some "LTS" releases?

Chris Tapp opensource at keylevel.com
Thu May 8 12:54:35 PDT 2014

I've had a few potential clients ask how security updates and general patches are applied to embedded products built using Yocto.

If they're really embedded, then the only way to to this is by replacing the rootfs - especially when they boot read-only.

A second complication is when support for a BSP gets dropped so later versions, which generally include updates and patches, can't be used.

It feels to me as if there should be some "LTS" releases which developers could focus on when choosing a version.

Or is there already some way of doing this that I just haven't spotted?

Chris Tapp

opensource at keylevel.com
www.keylevel.com