[yocto] Anybody managed to get Beagleboard xM to work?

Jeremy Cole-Baker jeremy at rhtech.co.nz
Tue May 6 15:10:34 PDT 2014

On 7/05/2014 2:01 a.m., Bruce Ashfield wrote:

>> Anything else I am missing? Some configuration I need to set up? I have
>> no idea where to look! It is frustrating because it seems to be very
>> close to working.
>
> As an alternative to using the Yocto reference BSP (Which I mentioned
> has moved onto the BBB with a better focus on core functionality), the
> meta-beagleboard layer has a more complete feature focus and should
> solve the problem (via a different kernel and configuration).

Hi, can you explain how to use the meta-beagleboard layer? My build was
done using the BSP for "Texas Instruments ARM Cortex-A8 development
board (Beagleboard)" (10.0.0 Dora). I downloaded it, and I think I built
it with Hob the first time. I also used 'bitbake' to adjust the
configuration and build from the command line to try different options.

I just downloaded the latest Yocto project 1.6 (11.0.0 Daisy), and had a
look around including running Hob. However, I couldn't find a
meta-beagleboard layer.

I also downloaded and installed binaries for the latest build from:

autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/pub/releases/CURRENT/machines/beagleboard/

These worked but showed the same behaviour (i.e. no USB). Maybe it has
something to do with the way I set up the boot environment?

Thanks,
Jeremy