[yocto] Antwort: Re: building qtbase for raspberry pi fails

Felix01 Fischer felix01.fischer at iav.de
Tue May 6 04:56:57 PDT 2014

Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> schrieb am 30.04.2014 10:14:29:

> Von: Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com>
> An: Felix01 Fischer <felix01.fischer at iav.de>,
> Kopie: "yocto at yoctoproject.org" <yocto at yoctoproject.org>
> Datum: 30.04.2014 10:15
> Betreff: Re: [yocto] building qtbase for raspberry pi fails
>
> On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 4:37 AM, Felix01 Fischer
> <felix01.fischer at iav.de> wrote:
> > But still I haven't figured out how to get this build correctly so
qtbase
> > can find and use it.
>
> I am assuming you need to select this user land recipe to provide
> virtual/libgles2 virtual/egl
>
> PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/egl = "userland"
> PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libgres2 = "user land"
>
> in config metadata

I think you have two typos in the second line.
It should be
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libgles2 ?= "userland"
right?

If yes, then this is already set in rpi-default-providers.inc
(see here
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-raspberrypi/plain/conf/machine/include/rpi-default-providers.inc
)

Nevertheless I managed to build qtbase now, I still have to figure out
which options exactly are responsible for this :-)

One thing I now for sure:

I have to add the following line to
"/media/yocto_build/qt5-raspb/build/tmp/work/armv6-vfp-poky-linux-gnueabi/atbase/5.2.1-r0/qtbase-opensource-src-5.2.1/mkspecs/linux-oe-g++/qmake.conf"

"QMAKE_LIBS_EGL +=
"/media/yocto_build/qt5-raspb/build/tmp/sysroots/raspberrypi/usr/lib/libGLESv2.so"

2 Questions:
First, why isn't this library found by default? It clearly is in /usr/lib
so this should be a no brainer I think
Second, If I have to add this line manually via a bbappend how do I do
this?
I tried by just adding this line to a qtbase_5.2.1.bbappend, by prefixing
it with OE_, by substituting the full path with ${STAGING_DIR_TARGET}
and by trying all of these steps in meta-qt5/recipes-qt/qt5/qtbase.inc but
with no success so far

Unfortunately, I still get the from before when trying to run a Qt
programm on the raspberrypi:

EGLFS: Unable to query physical screen size, defaulting to 100 dpi.
EGLFS: To override, set QT_QPA_EGLFS_PHYSICAL_WIDTH and
QT_QPA_EGLFS_PHYSICAL_HEIGHT (in millimeters).
libpng warning: iCCP: Not recognizing known sRGB profile that has been
edited
EGL Error : Could not create the egl surface: error = 0x300b

anny suggestions?

Felix