[yocto] quilt-native do_populate_sysroot error [solved]

Neuer User auslands-kv at gmx.de
Thu May 1 23:06:58 PDT 2014

This made me crazy, so after lots of tries I thought I should try to do
it *without* my own conf files, although I couldn't imagine why my conf
files produce such an error.

Before I copied the whole conf dir back from a backup. This time I tried
with a completely new conf dir. I did that and strangely got another
error message by "sanity-check" saying that I am missing two files
(makeinfo, chrpath).

So, I now understand that there is a file called "sanity-check" in the
conf folder that is not a config file but a state file, declaring if my
installation is complete. As I copied this also in my first attempts, it
did no longer check and so the problem that I am missing a tool was not
reported.

Now, it seems, everything is working. Nonetheless, I would like to
suggest that the sanity-check file should be moved out of the conf
folder into the state folder in a future yocto revision.

Cheers

Michael