[yocto] Blacklisting drivers in poky or in yocto project

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Thu May 1 21:47:19 PDT 2014

On 2014-05-01, 2:24 PM, Sudhangathan B S wrote:
> The Update:
> I blacklisted all related drivers, i.e., libertas, libertas_sdio,
> cfg80211 and ipv6, but still all these driver modules got autoloaded..!!
>
> The method I used: in the file /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf, i added
> these following lines:
> blacklist ipv6
> blacklist cfg80211
> blacklist libertas
> blacklist libertas_sdio

I can't recall if yocto 1.4 had switched to kmod, or if it was still
the legacy mod-utils ? Can you confirm with one is in play here ?

> I also tried the same in /lib/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf, but to no
> avail. Every time the modules were getting autoloaded..!!!

Have you looked for /etc/modules ? Or any other references to them
on the filesystem ?

> And also where can I look for this autoload feature..?

I'm not familiar with the kernel you are using, but have you confirmed
that either hotplug events or uevents and a helper are not being
triggered and loading the modules ?

Bruce