[yocto] Get rid of opkg install error

Diego Sueiro diego.sueiro at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 04:29:26 PDT 2014

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 8:16 AM, Paul Barker <paul at paulbarker.me.uk> wrote:

> On 26 March 2014 09:47, Diego Sueiro <diego.sueiro at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > I have a image recipe which installs some custom files on rootfs.
> > Instead of having a bbappend for each package that provides those files I
> > want to concentrate it on image recipe.
>
> Why do you want to merge all your custom files into one recipe? With
> them separated into the packages they affect you can add/remove
> packages a lot easier in the future.

Because I want to have different image recipes for different proposes.
For example: One image with eth0 on dhcp and another one with static ip. Or
some different images for product variations.

> > The problem is that I'm receiving the following error:
> >
> > "But that file is already provided by package"
> >

> > Is there a way to get rid of this error?
>
> The only thing I can think of is to use bbappends to prevent the
> original files from installing but not to add the replacement files.
> Then have a single recipe which packages all the replacement files.
> That way only one package provides each file.

This is a possible solution. But if I build an image without these custom
files (core-image-minimal for example) the original ones will not be
shipped. Am I correct?
Or maybe I can check for a custom variable defined at local.conf and check
for it on bbappend to know if I have to remove or not the original files.

Regards,

--
*dS
Diego Sueiro