[yocto] Get rid of opkg install error

Paul Barker paul at paulbarker.me.uk
Wed Mar 26 04:16:11 PDT 2014

On 26 March 2014 09:47, Diego Sueiro <diego.sueiro at gmail.com> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I have a image recipe which installs some custom files on rootfs.
> Instead of having a bbappend for each package that provides those files I
> want to concentrate it on image recipe.

Why do you want to merge all your custom files into one recipe? With
them separated into the packages they affect you can add/remove
packages a lot easier in the future.

> The problem is that I'm receiving the following error:
>
> "But that file is already provided by package"
>

> Is there a way to get rid of this error?

The only thing I can think of is to use bbappends to prevent the
original files from installing but not to add the replacement files.
Then have a single recipe which packages all the replacement files.
That way only one package provides each file.

Thanks,

--
Paul Barker

Email: paul at paulbarker.me.uk