[yocto] inherit setuptools

Trevor Woerner trevor.woerner at linaro.org
Sat Mar 22 04:01:25 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to write a recipe to add a native python application to the
sysroot so it can be used while building an image.

If I build and install the python app "by hand" I get the following
install layout:

.
|-- bin
|   `-- bmaptool
`-- lib
    `-- python2.7
        `-- site-packages
            |-- bmap_tools-3.2-py2.7.egg
            |-- easy-install.pth
            |-- site.py
            `-- site.pyc

When I use my recipe I get:

.
|-- bin
|   `-- bmaptool
`-- lib
    `-- python2.7
        `-- site-packages
            |-- bmap_tools-3.2-py2.7.egg-info
            |   |-- PKG-INFO
            |   |-- SOURCES.txt
            |   |-- dependency_links.txt
            |   `-- top_level.txt
            `-- bmaptools
                |-- BmapCopy.py
                |-- BmapCopy.pyc
                |-- BmapCreate.py
                |-- BmapCreate.pyc
                |-- BmapHelpers.py
                |-- BmapHelpers.pyc
                |-- Filemap.py
                |-- Filemap.pyc
                |-- TransRead.py
                |-- TransRead.pyc
                |-- __init__.py
                `-- __init__.pyc

When my build tries to invoke the bmaptool it fails because:

| Traceback (most recent call last):
|   File
"/SSD/build/fsl/build-wandboard-dual/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/bmaptool",
line 65, in <module>
|     from bmaptools import BmapCreate, BmapCopy, BmapHelpers, TransRead
| ImportError: No module named bmaptools

Should I ignore "setuptools" and write my own install task? Or is there
some quick and easy fix for this?