[yocto] Yocto not packaging "m" kernel modules

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu Mar 20 03:24:02 PDT 2014

On Thursday 20 March 2014 14:51:00 Ashish Dalela wrote:
> How do I add these modules to the packaging? Is it something I need to add
> to local.conf? Right now I have this -
>
> IMAGE_FEATURES += "package-management"

This just adds runtime package management, which is not related to this.
In order to add additional packages to the image at build time there are
several methods, please see this manual section:

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#usingpoky-extend-customimage

Individual kernel modules are packaged in kernel-module-<modulename>
packages, and there is also a kernel-modules package that will pull in all
modules enabled in the kernel configuration.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton