[yocto] Error on building

Alex J Lennon ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk
Wed Mar 5 08:37:46 PST 2014

On 05/03/2014 16:15, ratheesh kannoth wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 2:55 PM, Alex J Lennon
> <ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk> wrote:
>> Ratheesh, I believe you would need to ensure that any static libraries
>> built are either removed or packaged appropriately so as not to trigger
>> the Q/A error.
>>
>> One approach is to modify the recipe to add the static library to the
>> -staticdev package, i.e. to add
>>
>> FILES_${PN}-staticdev += " path\to\static\library\libsf_engine.a"
>>
>> What recipe are you trying to build?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Alex
> Alex,
> Thanks. I am trying  to compile snort package.  I could easily get
> around these problems using  INSANE_SKIP.  But a new problem popped
> up. I have compiled  libdnet with out  a SONAME. So snort binary
> contains , ( ldd shows ) a full path to the library.  So rootfs build
> fails with
> following error.
>
> Computing transaction...error: Can't install sf-test-1.0-r0.6 at x86_64:
> no package provides
> /workspace/linux/wrlinux/bitbake_build/tmp/sysroots/intel-x86-64/usr/lib64/libdnet()(64bit)
>
> I can rebuild libdnet with  SONAME ( linker flag ) and solve this
> problem  OR  I can put SKIP_FILEDEPS = "1" in  sf  recipe file. But
> SKIP_FILEDEPS  will skip every check  in all recipes. I am looking
> something similar  option like  INSANE_SKIP_${PN} += "dev-so" ??

That's interesting Ratheesh. Is there a reason for not including the
soname attribute in libdnet?

I would have thought that in a situation like that where there's no
soname the snort binary shared library path should be fixed up to the
target path, a relative path, rather than an absolute host path?

Cheers,

Alex