[yocto] Error on building

ratheesh kannoth ratheesh.ksz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 08:15:36 PST 2014

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 2:55 PM, Alex J Lennon
<ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk> wrote:
> Ratheesh, I believe you would need to ensure that any static libraries
> built are either removed or packaged appropriately so as not to trigger
> the Q/A error.
>
> One approach is to modify the recipe to add the static library to the
> -staticdev package, i.e. to add
>
> FILES_${PN}-staticdev += " path\to\static\library\libsf_engine.a"
>
> What recipe are you trying to build?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Alex

Alex,
Thanks. I am trying  to compile snort package.  I could easily get
around these problems using  INSANE_SKIP.  But a new problem popped
up. I have compiled  libdnet with out  a SONAME. So snort binary
contains , ( ldd shows ) a full path to the library.  So rootfs build
fails with
following error.

Computing transaction...error: Can't install sf-test-1.0-r0.6 at x86_64:
no package provides
/workspace/linux/wrlinux/bitbake_build/tmp/sysroots/intel-x86-64/usr/lib64/libdnet()(64bit)

I can rebuild libdnet with  SONAME ( linker flag ) and solve this
problem  OR  I can put SKIP_FILEDEPS = "1" in  sf  recipe file. But
SKIP_FILEDEPS  will skip every check  in all recipes. I am looking
something similar  option like  INSANE_SKIP_${PN} += "dev-so" ??

-Ratheesh