[yocto] Add Packages to Recipie

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Mar 5 02:49:04 PST 2014

On Tuesday 04 March 2014 10:13:42 Rick Bianchi wrote:
> My question is in the vain as Joel's, I need to add the program usbip (I
> have already added the kernel modules) to the build, but I cannot find any
> recipes for it. I have search in the package manager (smart) and it is not
> there either "error: 'usbip' matches no packages". Is there a way for me to
> add it during the build process?

No recipe for usbip seems to exist [1] so you'll need to create a recipe for
it yourself unless someone else in the community has one hiding somewhere. In
the latest version of the manual we have a step-by-step guide to creating a
new recipe; it should be almost completely applicable to current and older
versions of the build system as well:

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.6/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#new-recipe-writing-a-new-recipe

Cheers,
Paul