[yocto] Add Packages to Recipie

Paul Barker paul at paulbarker.me.uk
Tue Mar 4 06:37:33 PST 2014

On 4 March 2014 14:22, Joel Parker <joelparker27 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Yeah, that is what I tried but it gave me this :
>
> ERROR: 'httpd' in IMAGE_FEATURES is not a valid image feature.
>
> -- Joel Parker

IMAGE_FEATURES is for features (basically collections of packages put
together in a certain way), IMAGE_INSTALL is for packages and
packagegroups. You can use IMAGE_INSTALL_append to add to
IMAGE_INSTALL from your local.conf, but you're far better off creating
a new image recipe and setting IMAGE_INSTALL there.

You may want to read the relevant section of the documentation at
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#usingpoky-extend-customimage.

To find the names to add to IMAGE_INSTALL, you can search the recipe
index at http://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/branch/master/recipes/.
Note that you may need to change the "Branch" selector to whatever
version of The Yocto Project you're using.

Hope this helps,

--
Paul Barker

Email: paul at paulbarker.me.uk