[yocto] Add Packages to Recipie

Alex J Lennon ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk
Tue Mar 4 06:32:20 PST 2014

On 04/03/2014 14:22, Joel Parker wrote:
> Yeah, that is what I tried but it gave me this :
>
> ERROR: 'httpd' in IMAGE_FEATURES is not a valid image feature.

I suspect that's because there's no "httpd" feature. Is there a
particular reason you want to include "httpd" or are you just trying to
add in a web-server?

I'm not sure I understand what you're looking for here but we might be
getting confused over the difference between IMAGE_FEATURES
which are a special kind of tweaking magic and PACKAGES which are build
from recipes. You add packages to images.

For example there's a "lighttpd" recipe which will pull in
http://redmine.lighttpd.net/projects/lighttpd/

i.e. If you wanted to use this web server then you'd add the package
name "lighttpd" which corresponds to the recipe file here (or similar)

poky/meta/recipes-extended/lighttpd/lighttpd_1.4.33.bb

You'd add to the image you are building, or another image based on that
image with

IMAGE_INSTALL += "\
        lighttpd \
"