[yocto] [Yocto] How to add the same recipe twice?

Kevyn-Alexandre Paré kapare at rogue-research.com
Mon Jun 9 09:41:57 PDT 2014

Hi,

Here what I want to do:
- Have 2 different psplash in my image.

Here what I have done:
- Copy and rename the psplash recipe to psplash-desktop and modify
couple of things.

Here the warning I'm having:
WARNING: The recipe psplash-desktop is trying to install files into a
shared area when those files already exist. Those files and their
manifest location are:
   /home/knight/SVN/rogue/3rdParty/Yocto/trunk/starting_point/yocto_build/src/build/tmp/sysroots/overo/pkgdata/runtime/psplash-default
   Matched in manifest-overo-psplash.packagedata
manifest-overo-psplash-second.packagedata
   /home/knight/SVN/rogue/3rdParty/Yocto/trunk/starting_point/yocto_build/src/build/tmp/sysroots/overo/pkgdata/runtime/psplash-default.packaged
   Matched in manifest-overo-psplash.packagedata
   /home/knight/SVN/rogue/3rdParty/Yocto/trunk/starting_point/yocto_build/src/build/tmp/sysroots/overo/pkgdata/runtime-reverse/psplash-default
   Matched in manifest-overo-psplash.packagedata
manifest-overo-psplash-second.packagedata
Please verify which package should provide the above files.
WARNING: The recipe psplash-desktop is trying to install files into a
shared area when those files already exist. Those files and their
manifest location are:
   /home/knight/SVN/rogue/3rdParty/Yocto/trunk/starting_point/yocto_build/src/build/tmp/deploy/rpm/armv7a_vfp_neon/psplash-default-0.1+git0+afd4e228c6-r15.armv7a_vfp_neon.rpm
   Matched in manifest-armv7a-vfp-neon-psplash.package_write_rpm
Please verify which package should provide the above files.

Here the error:
http://pastebin.com/t2gYs3WT

Here the diff of my psplash recipe compare to psplash original:
http://pastebin.com/8TrQRFkQ

In the chat sgw_ recommended my to use:...
sgw_> kapare, now that I better understand, you want to mv your binary
in the do_install_append(), and keep the update-alternative code and
FILES_${PN} bin, but use the renamed binary in the
ALTERNATIVE_LINK_NAME, but you also need ALTNATIVE_TARGET[psplash] =
${bindir}/psplash-default

There is something that I'm missing...

Any idea what?

BR,