[yocto] [Yocto] How to add the same recipe twice?

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Tue Jun 10 08:35:02 PDT 2014

On 06/09/2014 09:41 AM, Kevyn-Alexandre Paré wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here what I want to do:
> - Have 2 different psplash in my image.
>
> Here what I have done:
> - Copy and rename the psplash recipe to psplash-desktop and modify
> couple of things.

psplash does some interesting package name manipulation, based on what
additional splash files are being provided.

I am not sure if you are trying to change more than the splash image or not.

> Here the warning I'm having:
> WARNING: The recipe psplash-desktop is trying to install files into a
> shared area when those files already exist. Those files and their
> manifest location are:
>     /home/knight/SVN/rogue/3rdParty/Yocto/trunk/starting_point/yocto_build/src/build/tmp/sysroots/overo/pkgdata/runtime/psplash-default
>     Matched in manifest-overo-psplash.packagedata
> manifest-overo-psplash-second.packagedata
This seems to indicate that you might have another recipe called
psplash-second (maybe a past attempt at this) and it's causing some issues?

Sau!