[yocto] yocto-bsp treats beaglebone as omap3 device

Matthew Keeter matt.j.keeter at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 11:28:07 PDT 2014

I’ve got a quick question about using the yocto-bsp tool (release 1.6):

Using it to create an ARM BSP from the beaglebone machine branch results in a BSP
that targets the OMAP3 processor (which is on the beagleboard, not the beaglebone).

I say this because the default value for UBOOT_MACHINE is “omap3_beagle_config” and
the kernel device tree in conf/machine/my-bbb.conf points to an omap3 device tree.

This appears to be incorrect behavior and disagrees with the default beaglebone machine
configuration in meta-yocto-bsp/conf/machine/beaglebone.conf

Am I missing something, or is the tool doing the wrong thing?
Any suggested work-arounds?

Regards,
Matt Keeter