[yocto] Installer Ext Image for USB Device

Darcy Watkins darcy.watkins at inmotiontechnology.com
Tue Jun 3 14:35:35 PDT 2014

Hi,

The yocto build has facilities to generate an ext2 filesystem for the
rootfs without the need to have root privilege while running the build.

I need to be able to generate an alternate ext2 filesystem with various
files in it as another byproduct of the same build.

What facility in the build system would be suitable to build on for this
and would run without requiring root privilege?

I am OK with a manual 'dd' step at the end using 'sudo' to write to
physical HW (just like I have to do for SD cards at present).

Thanks in advance.

--

Regards,

Darcy