[yocto] Syntax error

Dario D'Abronzo dario.dabronzo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 13:20:21 PDT 2014

Hi everybody!

Dears, my name is Dario D'Abronzo and I'm working with an nvidia tegra 3
SOM.
I've already built the image with the instructions of the developer and I
succeded with oe-core.

Now I'm trying to build an image importing the BSP in Yocto and compiling
trough poky and HOB.
When I add the layer from the manufacturer in HOB (meta toradex) I get a
general error with no explaination, and when I try to bitbake I get:

NOTE: Error during finalise of
/home/ddalnx/poky/meta-toradex/recipes/images/console-trdx-image.bb
NOTE: Error during finalise of
/home/ddalnx/poky/meta-toradex/recipes/images/qt4e-demo-image.bb
NOTE: Error during finalise of
/home/ddalnx/poky/meta-toradex/recipes/images/angstrom-qt-x11-image.bb
NOTE: Error during finalise of
/home/ddalnx/poky/meta-toradex/recipes/images/angstrom-lxde-image.bb
ERROR: ExpansionError during parsing
/home/ddalnx/poky/meta-toradex/recipes/images/console-trdx-image.bb:
Failure expanding variable do_rootfs: SyntaxError: invalid syntax
(<string>, line 2)

the BB file begin with:
#Angstrom image
DESCRIPTION = "Image booting to a console"

So the line 2 is just the description code.

Why am I failing bitbaking from ~/poky/build/  ??
I'm giving exactly the same code as oe-core:

ddalnx at ddassgdeb:~$ cd poky/
ddalnx at ddassgdeb:~/poky$ source oe-init-build-env
.
. etc ...
.
ddalnx at ddassgdeb:~/poky/build$ bitbake angstrom-qt-x11-image

if you're interested on analyzing the source I gitted from
http://git.toradex.com/gitweb specifically from gt://
git.toradex.com/gitweb/meta-toradex.git
PS. I verified that I'm using the correct python version and I do, it's the
v. 2.7.3 and the bitbake folder is unaltered in both oe-core and in poky
folder.

Many thanks for your precious help,
Kind Regards,
Dario.