[yocto] [meta-raspberrypi] Purpose of vc-graphics-hardfp.bb & vc-graphics.bb unclear

Felix01 Fischer felix01.fischer at iav.de
Tue Jun 3 07:31:49 PDT 2014

Hello all,

my ongoing struggle to get qt5 working on the raspberrypi led me to a
question unrelated to qt5.

why do vc-graphics-hardfp.bb & vc-graphics.bb exist? [1]
There is no recipe which uses on of this files.
If I add one of them to my image via IMAGE_INSTALL_append I get errors
that userland.git and vc-grapics-hardfp both provide virtual/egl and
virtual/libgles2.
(Which they obviously do.) [2]

My question is: What is the reason for having userland_git.bb &
vc-graphics.bb/vc-graphics-hardfp ?

Two things are notable, IMHO:

vc-graphics.inc has two files specified.
One packageconfig (.pc) file with the right includes. I had to add one
library manually in order to get qt5 compiling
and the other one is a startup script for initalising the videocore.

Are these two files deprecated by now? The last change to a file in the
vc-graphics folder has been made 2013-08-21
Or do I need at least the initscript to get the videocore working?

Regards,

Felix Fischer

[1]
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-raspberrypi/tree/recipes-bcm/vc-graphics/
[2]
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-raspberrypi/tree/recipes-graphics/userland/userland_git.bb

Student Employee (VC-I42)
Vehicle Cockpit - HMI Software and Code generation

IAV GmbH
Carnotstr. 1
10587 BERLIN
GERMANY

Phone: +49 30 3997-89540
Fax:       +49 30 3997-89411
E-Mail:  <mailto:felix01.fischer at iav.de>
Internet: http://www.iav.com

Sitz/Registered Office: Berlin,
Registergericht/Registration Court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg,
Registernummer/Company Registration Number: HRB 21 280,
Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors: Kurt Blumenröder, Michael Schubert,
Dr. Rüdiger Goyk
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr.
Harald Ludanek