[yocto] Waiting for removable media ...

Marc Gilet pw.marcus at laposte.net
Tue Jul 29 08:13:34 PDT 2014

Hello,
I'd like to use Yocto with a thinclient (Fujitsu siemens Futro B100)
I've created a BSP for this platform, and configured the kernel for this
machine.
I've built an initramfs and a kernel to boot the thinclient via a PXE
server, it boots, but the boot process
hangs with this massage:" Waiting for removable media ..."

Here's what I did:

$ git clone git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky
$ cd poky/
$ source oe-init-build-env
$ created the BSP with the "yocto-bsp" script
$ bitbake linux-yocto -c menuconfig (the kernel is configured with
"CONFIG_DEVTMPFS=y" and "CONFIG_DEVTMPFS_MOUNT=y")
$ bitbake -k core-image-minimal-initramfs

Does anybody knows where it could come from ?
Cheers