[yocto] Fwd: How to find the bb file from package name

Bharath Chandra ellurubharath29 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 08:50:56 PDT 2014

Hi Anooj,

I guess you are looking at a wrong version of the recipe file, you have to
look into version number 5.2.1 and revision r1 as your package name is
suggesting but the link which you have mentioned is for 5.3.1 . Kindly,
have a look into correct version number of recipe file and if you do not
find any package name in the recipe file then you can search in *.inc*
files which are included in that recipe file.
for eg :

require qt5-${PV}.inc

You have to check in qt5-5.2.1.inc file and see if any package is
included with the name which you are searching for.

Thanks & Regards,
Bharath Chandra Elluru

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 6:52 AM, Anooj Gopi <anoojgopi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes I am trying to track down the recipe from the rpm file. In my project
> yocto builds the rpm package
> "nativesdk-libqt5core-dev-5.2.1-r1.i686_nativesdk.rpm" (by
> https://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5) but it is not included in my sdk
> sysroot image. So I would like to see how I could include this into my sdk.
> For that I am tracing back the recipe which generated the rpm.
>
> I tried as you said:
> From the source package name I can see it is from "Source RPM  :
> nativesdk-qtbase-5.2.1-r1.src.rpm", which means bb file is
> https://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5/blob/master/recipes-qt/qt5/nativesdk-qtbase_5.3.1.bb
> Now this from the bb file content I can see this file provides multiple
> packages, (for eg. nativesdk-qtbase-tools-dbg nativesdk-qtbase-tools-dev
> nativesdk-qtbase-tools-staticdev nativesdk-qtbase-tool) but I still could
> not find where it is configured to generate the package
> "nativesdk-libqt5core-dev-5.2.1-r1.i686_nativesdk.rpm".
>
> As Belen in his last mail, the tools like "Toaster" could confirm this (by
> listing the packages generated from a bb file), but is there any way I can
> do it in Yocto Project 1.5?
>
> Regards,
> Anooj
>

> On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 11:15 AM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 21 July 2014 16:39, Anooj Gopi <anoojgopi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Could some one help me to understand how we could find the bb file which
>> > generated particular package (rpm package for eg.)?
>> > (In some cases the name of the package and recipe name differ
>> drastically)
>> >
>> > Also is there any way to list packages (rpm) generated by particular
>> recipe
>> > (yocto package) easily. (without looking into the PACKAGES variable).
>>
>> It's probably best if you explain exactly what you want to do.
>>
>> If you want to work backwards from a RPM to the recipe, then binary
>> RPMs have a Source RPM metadata field and the srpm is named after the
>> recipe:
>>
>> $ rpm -qpi connman-tests-1.24-r0.15.corei7_64.rpm | grep Source
>> Source RPM  : connman-1.24-r0.15.src.rpm
>>
>> Ross

Thanks & Regards,
Bharath Chandra Elluru.
Contact Number:785-979-4875.