[yocto] Fwd: How to find the bb file from package name

Anooj Gopi anoojgopi at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 04:52:29 PDT 2014

Yes I am trying to track down the recipe from the rpm file. In my project
yocto builds the rpm package
"nativesdk-libqt5core-dev-5.2.1-r1.i686_nativesdk.rpm" (by
https://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5) but it is not included in my sdk
sysroot image. So I would like to see how I could include this into my sdk.
For that I am tracing back the recipe which generated the rpm.

I tried as you said:
>From the source package name I can see it is from "Source RPM  :
nativesdk-qtbase-5.2.1-r1.src.rpm", which means bb file is
https://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5/blob/master/recipes-qt/qt5/nativesdk-qtbase_5.3.1.bb
Now this from the bb file content I can see this file provides multiple
packages, (for eg. nativesdk-qtbase-tools-dbg nativesdk-qtbase-tools-dev
nativesdk-qtbase-tools-staticdev nativesdk-qtbase-tool) but I still could
not find where it is configured to generate the package
"nativesdk-libqt5core-dev-5.2.1-r1.i686_nativesdk.rpm".

As Belen in his last mail, the tools like "Toaster" could confirm this (by
listing the packages generated from a bb file), but is there any way I can
do it in Yocto Project 1.5?

Regards,
Anooj