[yocto] Best way to make use of kernel defconf for supported hw?

Chris Enrique microdevel at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 18 10:10:46 PDT 2014

Hello,

i need some advice:

i have created a bsp for a board which is supported by the linux kernel. so
my bsp doesn't focus on kernel patching or similar, just contains some
other board specific content.

how do i use the kernel defconf for this board which is located under
arch/architecture/.../.../board_defconfig as kernel config in my bsp?

i know there's several approaches. mine would have been to use defconfig
and create a config fragment from it but somehow my mind tells me that
there must be a better way?! just reference the board_defconfig file or sth?

any help would be appreciated,

chris