[yocto] wic status

Tom Zanussi tom.zanussi at linux.intel.com
Thu Jul 17 07:18:31 PDT 2014

On Thu, 2014-07-17 at 14:51 +0100, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> On Thursday 17 July 2014 16:48:41 Scott Rifenbark wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 3:56 PM, Paul Eggleton <
> > paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com> wrote:

> > > Scott, can you take a look at this if you haven't already?
> >
> > wic was documented in the 1.5.x set and was not put into the 1.6 set.  I
> > was told that it was going to change or be further completed so it did not
> > go in that development branch.  Wic was never documented in the 1.6 set.
>
> Well, wic is still a part of the system in 1.6 and beyond so we do need to
> document it; as far as I can tell what was in the 1.5 manual linked above
> should be perfectly fine and we can just extend / update it as needed. Tom
> should be able to help fill in any blanks.

Right, wic is still included in the system, and like the rest of the
system is undergoing continual development, so I'm not sure why it would
be treated differently.

In any case, to make it easier for users and to avoid a mismatch with
external documentation, over the past couple weeks I've submitted a set
of patches (which have now been merged) that puts most of the help
content into the tool itself, which is all now accessible via 'wic
help'.

Thanks,

Tom