[yocto] Make autotools use autogen.sh

Patrick Doyle wpdster at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 10:37:29 PDT 2014

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 11:39 AM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:
> On 14 July 2014 16:31, Patrick Doyle <wpdster at gmail.com> wrote:
>> a) do_compile fails because make depends on INSTALL, because INSTALL
>> is listed in the aravis_DATA list in Makefile.am.
>
> That's silly.  Why would you ever need the install instructions to be
> installed?  Personally I'd patch that out and send it to them.
> INSTALL is implicitly included in tarballs and there's no purpose in
> installing a generic installation document.
I like that answer best of all… I started with that approach this
morning, but then misread the automake documentation and convinced
myself that there had to be a better solution.  Reading your response,
and reading the automake documentation more carefully, I agree.
INSTALL should not be listed in aravis_DATA.  I'll submit that patch
upstream.

Thank you very much.  This was extremely helpful.

--wpd