[yocto] How to install .deb file in Yocto on Intel Galileo

Richard Leitner richard.leitner at skidata.com
Mon Jul 14 07:43:23 PDT 2014

Hi,
do you want to install the .deb package during the bitbake build or in the running system?

During the bitbake build you can use something like the following in your image recipe.
install_my_deb() {
	${STAGING_BINDIR_NATIVE}/dpkg --root=${IMAGE_ROOTFS}/ --admindir=${IMAGE_ROOTFS}/var/lib/dpkg/ -i /path/to/package.deb
}
ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND += "install_my_deb; "

If you like to install it in the running system make sure dpkg is installed (try "dpkg --version").
If not: check PACKAGE_CLASSES variable. (Is package_deb set?)

hope this helps.

regards,
richard l.