[yocto] Environment Variables being unset by bitbake?

Nicolas Dechesne nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org
Thu Jul 10 07:23:07 PDT 2014

+list. please let's discuss on the list.

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 4:01 PM, Allen Kennedy Jr.
<allen at kennedystuff.com> wrote:
> That did it.  thanks.
>
> Is there is no way to add this to the layer?  Must I distrubute my layer
> with instructions to set BB_ENV_EXTRAWHITE variable before running bitbake?
> I would think there would be someway to make it easy for the user?

well, i don't think so. at this point, i think you need to think about
why you need that in the first place... i have not done any JAVA + OE
stuff, so i cannot really comment on that... but explicitly
contaminating your build environment with host 'stuff' sounds wrong to
me.