[yocto] error while menuconfig

Gnichi Mohamed gnichimed at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 03:26:32 PDT 2014

Hello guys

I am new to this world and i am enjoying it for the past week.
I have the imx233 olinuxino maxi and decider to make a very tiny system for
it so i choose yocto. The other reason is that i am familiar with gentoo
and i thought maybe my experience with gentoo could help.
Well i am on my gentoo and i successfully built core-image-minimal with
some additional packages and i want to configure and recompile the kernel.
so i did
bitbake -c menuconfig linux-fslc
but some exception about python and other things that i couldn't follow.
Here is the exceptions http://pastebin.com/CBcLX1j1
I suspect that my terminal is not doing good as i see
File: '/usr/lib64/python2.7/subprocess.py', lineno: 1326, function:
_execute_child
     1322:                except OSError as e:
     1323:                    if e.errno != errno.ECHILD:
     1324:                        raise
     1325:                child_exception = pickle.loads(data)
 *** 1326:                raise child_exception
     1327:
     1328:
     1329:        def _handle_exitstatus(self, sts,
_WIFSIGNALED=os.WIFSIGNALED,
     1330:                _WTERMSIG=os.WTERMSIG, _WIFEXITED=os.WIFEXITED,
Exception: OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied

Any kind of suggestions are appreciated
Cordially