[yocto] Can't add shared libraries into final image

Pierre Yves MORDRET pierre-yves.mordret at st.com
Tue Jul 1 08:24:44 PDT 2014

Hello guys,

I'm in front of an issue that I really don't understand. I wrote a quite simple recipe to integrate an RPM package.
At the end of compilation/install/packaging/rootfs, I saw my shared libraries were not part of the final image.
I understood quickly after checking  FILES_${PN}-dev. Since my shared libraries are .so (and not .so.X) , all of them fall into -dev package.

Thus I naively add FILES_${PN} + =" ${libdir}/lib*.so " into my recipe ... I was sure this would solve my issue, but don't .
Instead my shared libraries still remain in -dev package.

Does anyone can't tell me why ? or point me out my mistake ?

Thanks in advance.