[yocto] nscd: missing configuration and initscript

Richard Leitner richard.leitner at skidata.com
Tue Jul 1 07:06:45 PDT 2014

Hello folks,
currently I'm trying to add nscd to my image. This works quite fine using IMAGE_INSTALL += "nscd".

The problem is that the nscd package lacks a configuration and a initscript.
I've searched through the recipes and the web but I can't find any hints on it.

Is there a way to add a "complete nscd" installation (with config & initscript) without writing my own recipe?
What is the preferred way for this? Am I overlooking something?

thanks & regards,
richard