[yocto] How to get a list of packages (with versions) used to create an image?

Brian Hutchinson b.hutchman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 11:35:06 PST 2014

Hi,

I've seen the bitbake -g command that lists the packages in an image:

bitbake -g <*image>* && cat pn-depends.dot | grep -v -e '-native' | grep -v
digraph | grep -v -e '-image' | awk '{print $1}' | sort | uniq

... but for documentation I need to generate this list with package version
information as well.

I've been just running opkg list-installed on the target but I'd like to
know how to do this kind of thing without the target and I'm striking out
in all the searches I've been doing.

Regards,

Brian