[yocto] [mcswdev] Yocto branches policy for concurrent SDK releases

zhenhua.luo at freescale.com zhenhua.luo at freescale.com
Wed Jan 22 21:39:07 PST 2014

Hi Bob,

Sorry for the late response.

[Luo Zhenhua-B19537] meta-fsl-networking layer manages the packages maintained internally, so the layer can't be upstreamed.

> It would be good for yocto users, such as myself, to be able to build
> something incremental between the SDK releases using updated / patched
> recipes pulled from the yocto repos, which should include meta-fsl-
> networking.
>
> Say I wanted to propose a patch to a recipe like fsl-image-full, which is
> in meta-fsl-networking, how would I go about it?
[Luo Zhenhua-B19537] For such case, we will consider to move the demo image recipes into meta-fsl-ppc layer.

> Last February (2013), you proposed an FSL Yocto layers reorg that merged
> layerscape/ARM with Power for QorIQ.  I imagine you're getting close to
> having something internally.  Can you please share the vision with us
> along with whether it will be public on the yocto project (as opposed to
> kept under wraps with incremental SDK releases)?
[Luo Zhenhua-B19537] Currently we are working on it, and will publish the staffs publicly when it is ready.

Best Regards,

Zhenhua