[yocto] gstreamer without X11?

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Tue Jan 14 05:18:00 PST 2014

On 2014-01-14 06:12, Nicolas Dechesne wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 2:07 PM, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com <mailto:gary at mlbassoc.com>> wrote:
>
>     I'm trying to build QTE with a distribution that does not include x11.
>     However, I'm getting this error:
>
>     ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'virtual/libx11' (but /home/local/poky-multi/meta/__recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/g__st-plugins-base_0.10.36.bb <http://gst-plugins-base_0.10.36.bb>
>     DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
>     ERROR: libx11-diet PROVIDES virtual/libx11 but was skipped: missing required distro feature ['x11'] (not in DISTRO_FEATURES)
>     ERROR: libx11 PROVIDES virtual/libx11 but was skipped: missing required distro feature ['x11'] (not in DISTRO_FEATURES)
>     ERROR: nativesdk-libx11 PROVIDES virtual/libx11 but was skipped: missing required distro feature ['x11'] (not in DISTRO_FEATURES)
>     NOTE: Runtime target 'qwt-e' is unbuildable, removing...
>     Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['qwt-e', 'qt4-embedded', 'gst-plugins-base', 'virtual/libx11']
>     ERROR: Required build target 'my-qte-image' has no buildable providers.
>     Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['my-qte-image', 'packagegroup-core-qt4e', 'qwt-e', 'qt4-embedded', 'gst-plugins-base', 'virtual/libx11']
>
>     I don't understand why this happens though as the gst-plugins-base
>     recipe uses PKGCONFIG to control this:
>        PACKAGECONFIG ??= "${@base_contains('DISTRO___FEATURES', 'x11', 'x11', '', d)}"
>        PACKAGECONFIG[x11] = "--enable-x --enable-xvideo,--disable-x --disable-xvideo,virtual/__libx11 libxv libsm libice"
>
>     How can the depencency on virtual/libx11 still be there if DISTRO_FEATURES does not contain x11?
>

> obvious question... are you sure DISTRO_FEATURES does not contain x11? did you define you own distro config? it is there by default, so unless you did something to remove it, it
> will be there.
>
> you can display the value of the variable with
>
> bitbake -e gst-plugins-base | grep ^DISTRO_FEATURES
>
> you can check the value of PACKAGECONFIG as well to get more information.

Yes, I explicitly removed this in local.conf:

[gthomas at titan imx6_test]$ tail -n5 conf/local.conf

# Enable local PR server - edit this to use a shared server
PRSERV_HOST = "localhost:0"

DISTRO_FEATURES_remove = "x11 wayland"

[gthomas at titan imx6_test]$ bitbake -e gst-plugins-base | grep ^DISTRO_FEATURES
  ... nothing