[yocto] gstreamer without X11?

Nicolas Dechesne nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org
Tue Jan 14 05:12:44 PST 2014

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 2:07 PM, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to build QTE with a distribution that does not include x11.
> However, I'm getting this error:
>
> ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'virtual/libx11' (but /home/local/poky-multi/meta/
> recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/gst-plugins-base_0.10.36.bb DEPENDS on or
> otherwise requires it)
> ERROR: libx11-diet PROVIDES virtual/libx11 but was skipped: missing
> required distro feature ['x11'] (not in DISTRO_FEATURES)
> ERROR: libx11 PROVIDES virtual/libx11 but was skipped: missing required
> distro feature ['x11'] (not in DISTRO_FEATURES)
> ERROR: nativesdk-libx11 PROVIDES virtual/libx11 but was skipped: missing
> required distro feature ['x11'] (not in DISTRO_FEATURES)
> NOTE: Runtime target 'qwt-e' is unbuildable, removing...
> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['qwt-e', 'qt4-embedded',
> 'gst-plugins-base', 'virtual/libx11']
> ERROR: Required build target 'my-qte-image' has no buildable providers.
> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['my-qte-image',
> 'packagegroup-core-qt4e', 'qwt-e', 'qt4-embedded', 'gst-plugins-base',
> 'virtual/libx11']
>
> I don't understand why this happens though as the gst-plugins-base
> recipe uses PKGCONFIG to control this:
>   PACKAGECONFIG ??= "${@base_contains('DISTRO_FEATURES', 'x11', 'x11',
> '', d)}"
>   PACKAGECONFIG[x11] = "--enable-x --enable-xvideo,--disable-x
> --disable-xvideo,virtual/libx11 libxv libsm libice"
>
> How can the depencency on virtual/libx11 still be there if DISTRO_FEATURES
> does not contain x11?

obvious question... are you sure DISTRO_FEATURES does not contain x11? did
you define you own distro config? it is there by default, so unless you did
something to remove it, it will be there.

you can display the value of the variable with

bitbake -e gst-plugins-base | grep ^DISTRO_FEATURES

you can check the value of PACKAGECONFIG as well to get more information.