[yocto] Build qemuarm compatible with freescale i.MX6

Marco koansoftware at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 07:02:05 PST 2014

Il 28/02/2014 15:54, Federico Vitali ha scritto:
> Thank you Marco.
> so I can run a generic arm qemu kernel with the image created for my
> sabre sd card?
> I suppose I have to make a qemu armv7 kernel, am I wrong? In that case
> how can I
> configure my local.conf to make a qemu armv7 kernel?
>
> Thank you again

Federico,
The kernel and image you create for iMX6 is cortexa9hf
the one created for qemuarm is arm926ejs
You can do tests with quemuarm but the binaries aren't compatible.
So returning to your original question, no you can't run the same
filesystem both on the real target and via qemu emulation.

Ciao
--
Marco Cavallini | KOAN sas | Bergamo - Italia
  embedded and real-time software engineering