[yocto] Build qemuarm compatible with freescale i.MX6

Marco koansoftware at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 05:53:41 PST 2014

Il 28/02/2014 11:03, Federico Vitali ha scritto:
> Goodmorning,
>
> I'm new to yocto project, I would like to know if there is the
> possibility to build a qemuarm
> kernel compatible with fsl i.MX6. I'm developing with a sabre SD board
> and I would like to
> run the same filesystem both on the real target and via qemu emulation
> on my PC for application
> developement purposes.
>
> Thank you in advance to anyone who wants to contribute!

Federico,
AFAIK the kernel can't be the same and moreover iMX6 generated system
will use hw graphic acceleration, so probably couldn't be the same.
You can use a generic ARM kernel on qemuarm and a specific one on iMX6
with the same image type though.

Ciao
--
Marco Cavallini | KOAN sas | Bergamo - Italia
  embedded and real-time software engineering