[yocto] Problem with 'reconfigure project' in Eclipse with ADT Yocto Plugin

Richard Schmitt richard.schmitt at freescale.com
Thu Feb 13 14:22:34 PST 2014

I have been trying to follow the ADT user guide for setting up a sample project using Eclipse and the Yocto ADT Plugin.

I am running into issues that I have narrowed down to the fact that when selecting 'reconfigure project' from the right menu button on a Yocto autotools project, it does not seem to initialize the PATH to the configured toolchain.  So when it tries to configure the project, it can't find i586-poky-linux-gcc.  When  I actually configure the Yocto project settings, and hit apply, the dialog says that the project was configured successfully

The Yocto Project ADT has been successfully set up for this project.
To see the environment variables created during setup,
go to Project > Properties > C/C++ Build > Environment.

If I look in the environment as suggested, the build path is set up fine and the ./configure script should find the compiler fine.  But it doesn't.

If I manually source the environment-setup-i586-poky-linux from the toolchain build and run the configure script from a command shell, it works fine.  If after manually running configure at the command line with the Yocto environment settings, I can go back into eclipse and build the project.  It finds the correct toolchain at that step, just not during the configure.

Is this a known issue?

Rich