[yocto] changing grub.cfg per image

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 09:17:33 PST 2014

On Dec 24, 2014 9:49 AM, "Stuart Weaver" <smweaver545 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've currently got two yocto images. I would like to have different
grub.cfg files for each image and therefore was wondering what would be the
best way to achieve this?

> Currently I am playing with the idea of just changing the APPEND variable
within the machine conf file, however there doesn't seem to be a way of
making this image dependant. Hence, would I have to create two different
machines and change which machine I'm building for everytime I build each
image?

You could define a IMAGE_FEATURE and then inherit it in image recipe. Then
write image post processing function to edit geub.cfg based on image
feature. There are examples of such cases already
> Another idea would be to create my own version of grub-efi.bbclass
however I'm currently unsure of how to choose my custom version within a
image file.