[yocto] changing grub.cfg per image

Stuart Weaver smweaver545 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 09:14:45 PST 2014

Hi All,

I've currently got two yocto images. I would like to have different
grub.cfg files for each image and therefore was wondering what would be the
best way to achieve this?

Currently I am playing with the idea of just changing the APPEND variable
within the machine conf file, however there doesn't seem to be a way of
making this image dependant. Hence, would I have to create two different
machines and change which machine I'm building for everytime I build each
image?

Another idea would be to create my own version of grub-efi.bbclass however
I'm currently unsure of how to choose my custom version within a image file.

If anyone has any suggestions on the best way forward, it would be very
much appreciated!

Regards,
Stuart