[yocto] runqemu-extract-sdk does not provide all required libraries in rootfs

peterengcomau001 at adam.com.au peterengcomau001 at adam.com.au
Sun Dec 21 06:54:08 PST 2014

	I am using poky 1.6.2. I am using the build chain created using
$bitbake meta-ide-support.
If I create a rootfs using ADT I can use Eclipse to test against qemu
all OK but this is not the target rootfs so its use is limited If I
create a rootfs using $ bitbake image -c populate_sdk then run the
shell script, the rootfs created has all the required libraries, but
it does not create a directory called pseudo_state, and qemu fails to
work because of this. If I create a rootfs with runqemu-extract-sdk on
the image I created using $ bitabke image, the resulting rootfs has
the required pseudo_state directory but is missing crucial libraries.

 The missing libraries are crt1.o, crti.o, ctrn.o, crtbegin.o,
crtend.o, crtn.o, libc.so, libc_nonshared.a, libgcc.a, libgcc_s.so,
libgcc_s.so.1.
 I can import these libraries from the rootfs created by running the
populate_sdk script, but I get many errors. The first errors indicate
it cannot find stdio.h.

I have attached the config.log file. There are so many errors but
some one may be able to infer something from it.

It seems to me that I am missing a setting when I execute
'runqemu-extract-sdk' otherwise all the required libraries would be
there and I wouldnt get a compatibility issue with libraries created
from a separate process (but same source).

Can anyonee indicate where I should look to understand why
runqemu-extract-sdk is not building all of the required libraries ,
or how I can overcome the problem ?

Thank You
Lachlan

 ---- Message sent via Adam Internet WebMail -