[yocto] add files to dirctory in packages-split

Neil.Wu at Emerson.com Neil.Wu at Emerson.com
Thu Dec 11 23:41:20 PST 2014

Hello Raj,
Thank you for your help. The problem have solved.
Neil

From: Khem Raj [mailto:raj.khem at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2014 10:48 AM
To: Wu, Neil [CLIMATE/RS/CN]
Cc: yocto at yoctoproject.org
Subject: Re: [yocto] add files to dirctory in packages-split

On Dec 11, 2014, at 5:59 PM, Neil.Wu at Emerson.com<mailto:Neil.Wu at Emerson.com> wrote:

Hi Raj,
Thank you very much for your reply. I have try to do like  you say.
I’m compiling the glib-2.0,  need to  add the link file of one library to glib-2.0 package.
So I add the command like following :
FILES_${PN} += “${libdir}/libgio-2.0.so”
But , it can’t success.

.so are usually treated to be includes in -dev packages by default
first you need to figure out if you really need .so on target, many times you don’t

some packages still do ( don’t use .so versioning ) then you would need something like

FILES_SOLIBSDEV = ""
SOLIBS = ".so"
INSANE_SKIP_${PN} += "dev-so"

Do you know whether need to do other thing?

Neil