[yocto] parallel build of multiple machine/os?

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 11:00:14 PST 2014

> On Dec 10, 2014, at 10:52 AM, Koehler, Yannick (HP Networking) <yannick.koehler at hp.com> wrote:
>
> Can Yocto build for example in a single bitbake call an image for x86, ppc, arm, others?  Or is the call to bitbake limited to a single architecture?  And if so, how?
>
> I see that lots of *-native package are built, and I guess is that for each machine/os those would be reused, as such, it appears it would be a benefit to be able to build multiple package version for different architecture/distro/machine in a single invocation of bitbake.

parallel multi-machine builds have been discussed but not thought of worth doing. you could however share
lot of common packages among machines sequentially.

MACHINE=foo bitbake x
MACHINE=bar bitbake y

the second invocation would be able to share many artifacts from first builds e.g. native packages
and nativesdk packages etc. so its generally faster than first build.